Carbon Black Market Overview
The carbon black market was valued at 13,000 kiloton in 2021, and it is projected to register a CAGR of more than 2% during the forecast period (2022-2027). In the short term, the major factors driving the market are growing applications in the fiber and textile industries. The tires and industrial rubber products application segment dominated the market, and it is expected to grow during the forecast period (2022-2027). The growth in the adoption of electric cars and self-driving cars is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
The tires and industrial rubber products segment is the largest application segment of the market, accounting for more than 80% of the market share. Carbon black is used in vehicle tires as a filler and a strengthening and reinforcing agent. According to Kordsa Teknik Tekstil AS, the global tire industry’s volume reached 1.498 billion units in 2020, a dip of 11.5% from 2019. Moreover, the total global tire industry volume is projected to reach 1.813 billion units by 2023.
Download a free sample here – Carbon Black Market
Carbon Black Market – Geographical Overview
China accounts for a higher share of the world’s carbon black capacity and production. The country generates carbon black primarily through the Carbon Black Oil (CBO)/Coal Tar pathway, which has higher pricing than CBFS. Furthermore, the cost of carbon black rose in China due to plant closures resulting from the Chinese government’s increasingly aggressive environmental protection program. China contributes nearly 33% of the global carbon black production capacity, with a volume of almost 5.7 million metric ton in 2019. China is also the largest global exporter of carbon black. The primary carbon black feedstock is coal tar, and other carbon black feedstocks include slurry oil and ethylene tar.
The top local manufacturers of carbon black are Jiangxi Black Cat, Longxing Chemicals, Shanxi Yongdong Chemicals, Shanxi Anlun Chemicals, Liaobin Carbon Black, Shanxi Sanqiang New Energy Technology Co. Ltd, Suzhou Baohua Carbon Black, Shandong Jinneng Technology, Shandong NST Carbon Black, Yunan Yunwei Feihu Chemicals, Qujin Zongyi Chemicals, and Shandong Best Chemicals. Among these, Jiangxi Black Cat is the largest producer, with a capacity of over 1.9 million metric ton.
Check our other latest research on –
- Activated Carbon Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 – 2027)
- Carbon Fiber Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 – 2027)
Key Highlights in the Carbon Black Market
- The carbon black market is consolidated, with the top 10 players holding more than 61% of the market share. The major companies for the carbon black market include Cabot Corporation, Birla Carbon, Orion Engineered Carbons SA, Jiangxi Black Cat Carbon Black Co. Ltd, Tokai Carbon Co. Ltd, and China Synthetic Rubber Corporation.
- In July 2021, Orion Engineered Carbons SA has partnered with RISE Research Institutes of Sweden in a project to develop and produce renewable carbon black (rCB).
- In June 2021, Orion Engineered Carbons SA has joined the HiQ-CARB consortium to provide the lithium-ion battery industry with sustainable and high-performance carbon additives.
Related Research and Links
- Carbon Capture and Storage Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 – 2027)
- Carbon Nanotubes Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 – 2027)
List of Key Players in the Carbon Black Market
- Asahi Carbon Co. Ltd
- Birla Carbon (Aditya Birla Group)
- Cabot Corporation
- Tokai Carbon Co. Ltd
- International CSRC Investment Holdings Co. Ltd
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company
- Imerys Graphite & Carbon
- Jiangxi Black Cat Carbon Black Co. Ltd
- Longxing Chemical Stock Co. Ltd
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- OCI Company Ltd
- Orion Engineered Carbons GmbH
- Phillips Carbon Black Limited
*List Not Exhaustive
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the Carbon Black Market based on process type, application, and geography:
- Process Type (Market Size & Forecast based on Volume (kiloton) and Value (USD million), 2017-2027)
- Furnace Black
- Gas Black
- Lamp Black
- Thermal Black
- Application (Market Size & Forecast based on Volume (kiloton) and Value (USD million), 2017-2027)
- Tires and Industrial Rubber Products,
- Toners and Printing Inks
- Textile Fibers
- Other Applications
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast based on Volume (kiloton) and Value (USD million), 2017-2027)
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle-East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle-East and Africa
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Sai Teja
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008