Interactive Kiosk Industry Overview
The global interactive kiosk market size was valued at USD 28.45 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 52.74 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2022 to 2030.
Due to the high development in payment and security technologies, the market has witnessed rapid growth over the past few years. Many of the self-service kiosk manufacturers will continue to extract these technologies’ maximum potential and are expected to include them as an indispensable component of their product offering. Interactive kiosks help prevent long queues at public places, such as inquiry counters at railway stations, banks, and malls and check-in counters at airports. At places, such as hospitals and government offices, they help reduce the paperwork associated with visitor data collection and enhance visitors’ experiences.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restraints, and growth of the Global Interactive Kiosk Market
An increase in product adoption in the BFSI and retail segments is expected to be a major growth driver for the market. Some of the major manufacturers are already working on developing and integrating Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based technology in interactive kiosks. For instance, ViaTouch Media has introduced AI-based kiosks, which enable shoppers to examine the products before making a purchase. As products are removed from the retailer’s shelf, a video screen above displays product information to the customer. The growing problems due to the outbreak of COVID-19 have increased the adoption of self-checkout kiosks to avoid human interaction. As self-checkout kiosks ensure social distancing in stores, they pave the way for a little human interaction.
Looking forward to driving the adoption of and advantages offered by interactive kiosks to customers, the vendors operating in the market have launched various advanced solutions and technologies in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic has doubled the R&D spending and innovation by the vendors. For instance, kiosk systems with temperature sensors, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)-dispensing kiosks, smart kiosks that collect swab samples for COVID-19 tests, and mobile testing kiosks are some of the latest solutions launched by the vendors operating in the market. The vendors are expected to continue focusing on product innovation and development to gain a significant share in the years to come.
Interactive Kiosk Market Segmentation
Based on the Component Insights, the market is segmented into Hardware, Software and Service.
- The hardware segment led the market and accounted for more than 45.0% share of the global revenue in 2021.
- The software segment includes Windows, Android, Linux, and others. Windows accounted for the largest market share while Android is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period.
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), Retail Self-Checkout, Self-Service and Vending.
- The Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) segment led the market and accounted for the highest revenue share of more than 49.5% in 2021.
- Interactive kiosks effectively cater to this customer requirement. It is also observed that customers prefer self-service, which is the primary reason for the growing self-service culture in the BFSI sector.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into BFSI, Retail, Food & Beverage, Healthcare, Government, Travel & Tourism and Others.
- The BFSI segment led the market and accounted for more than 51.0% share of the global revenue in 2021. Increasing demand for self-service technology in the BFSI segment is expected to propel the segment’s growth.
- Over the forecast period, the retail and BFSI segments will continue to be the largest end-users offering a wide range of self-directed service solutions for enhanced customer experience.
Based on the Regional Insights, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The North America regional market accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 44.0% in 2021, followed by Europe.
- The market in the Asia Pacific region is expected to register the fastest growth rate over the forecast period due to the expansion of organized retail, BFSI, tourism, and healthcare sectors.
Key Companies Profile:
The market is characterized by the presence of a few players accounting for significant industry share. New product launches and technology partnerships are some of the major strategies adopted by key companies to strengthen their market position.
Some of the prominent players in the global Interactive Kiosk market include:
- NCR Corp.
- Diebold Nixdorf AG
- ZEBRA Technologies Corp.
- Advanced Kiosks
- Embross Group
- IER SAS
Order a free sample PDF of the Interactive Kiosk Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States