DelveInsight’s “Sickle Cell Disease Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Sickle Cell Disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Sickle Cell Disease market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
Sickle cell disease (SCD) is a group of inherited red blood cell disorder caused by a structural abnormality of hemoglobin called sickle hemoglobin (HbS) which encodes hemoglobin subunit β.
HbS is inherited in an autosomal recessive way and can occur due to homozygosity for HbS (HbSS). HbS is functional and soluble when oxygenated, but upon deoxygenation it polymerizes, leading to the generation of deformed red blood cells known as sickled cells and dense erythrocytes.
Some facts of Sickle cell disease Market Report:
- As per a study by Wastnedge et al. (2018), the global meta-estimate for the birth prevalence of homozygous sickle cell disease was 111.91 per 100 ,000 live births and that for heterozygous sickle cell disease was 4229.72 per 100 ,000, and it was least in Europe, i.e., 803.57 per 100,000 live births.
- A study titled “Pathophysiology of Sickle Cell Disease”, (2018), quoted that according to the systematic analysis of the Global Burden of Disease Study, approximately 3.2 million people live with SCD, 43 million people have sickle cell trait (i.e., are carriers of the mutation), and 176,000 people die of SCD related complications per year.
- According to DelveInsight’s analysis, Sickle Cell Disease affects males and females equally.
- A study published by Kato et al., quoted that as low-income and middle-income countries go through epidemiological transition which involves substantial reductions in infant mortality that enable SCA diagnoses and treatment, and international migrations contribute to further expand the distribution of the βS allele, the health burden of this disease will increase. The demographical projections estimate that the annual number of newborn babies with SCD worldwide are expected to be more than 400,000 by 2050.
- Novel gene therapy candidates are being developed for the treatment of SCD include: CTX001 (CRISPR Therapeutics/Vertex Pharma’s, and LentiGlobin BB305/Betibeglogene autotemcel (Bluebird Bio).
- Vertex Pharma’s CTX001, an investigational ex vivo CRISPR gene-edited therapy is currently under Phase II/III stage of development in collaboration with CRISPR Therapeutics. The candidate has already received FDA Fast Track Designation in the year 2019.
To know more about the Sickle Cell Disease Market, Click Here: https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/sickle-cell-disease-market
Scope of the Sickle cell disease Market Report:
- Sickle Cell Disease market report covers a detailed overview and comprehensive insight of the Sickle Cell Disease Epidemiology and Sickle Cell Disease market in the 7 MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
- Sickle Cell Disease market report provides insights into the current and emerging Sickle Cell Disease therapies.
- Sickle Cell Disease market report offers a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
- Sickle Cell Disease market report provides an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Sickle Cell Disease market.
Some of the Sickle cell disease Companies:
- Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT)
- CSL Behring
- And Many Others
To know more about the Sickle Cell Disease Companies and Pipeline Therapies, Click Here: https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/sickle-cell-disease-market
Sickle cell disease pipeline therapies:
- And Many Others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Sickle Cell Disease Market Overview at a Glance
3. Sickle Cell Disease Background and Overview
4. Sickle Cell Disease Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. Sickle Cell Disease Country- Wise Epidemiology
5.1. United States
5.7. United Kingdom
6. Sickle Cell Disease Treatments & Medical Practices
7. Sickle Cell Disease Marketed Products
7.1. Endari: Emmaus Life Sciences
7.2. Droxia: Bristol-Myers Squibb
8. Sickle Cell Disease Emerging Therapies
8.1. Key Cross Competition
8.2. Voxelotor: GBT Therapeutics
8.3. Rivipansel: Pfizer
8.4. Crizanlizumab: Novartis
8.5. IMR-687: Imara Therapeutics
9. Sickle Cell Disease Market Size
9.1. Key Findings
9.2. Total 7MM Sickle Cell Disease Market Analysis
10. Sickle Cell Disease 7MM Country-Wise Market Analysis
10.1. United States Market Size
10.2. Germany Market Size
10.3. France Market Size
10.4. Italy Market Size
10.5. Spain Market Size
10.6. United Kingdom Market Size
11. Market Drivers
12. Market Barriers
13. Sickle Cell Disease Report Methodology
14. DelveInsight Capabilities
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Ankit Nigam
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
State: New York
Country: United States